Friday, 30 June 2017

Quilt for Iyla my nephews baby

I made this quilt using my Accuquilt Go 2½" strip die, very quick, very easy.  I just cut some of the strips into squares, doubled the size for the rectangles then just sewed both of them together and made a strip to sit at the side of them, these where my blocks.  The size wasn't planned, I just thought when she is a little older and needs a duvet day she will need a quilt to a least to cover her lol.  Once I'd pieced all the blocks together I used a cotton wadding and the grey and white spot cotton fabric for the backing.  I did do a stitch in the ditch to quilt it but had an urge to randomly stitch lines across the quilt, so it ended up as a crazy paving effect.  The border was left over bits of fabric trimmed down before adding the binding. 
 I inserted a label I made on my embroidery machine with wash and dry instructions on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment