Friday, 23 June 2017

Cushion covers for my nephew

A couple of cushion covers made using the Kreative Kiwi Embroidery designs, in fact I bought extra fill cushion pads as well for these, nice and plump lol, I think they were a 20" cushion pad, they were made for my nephew and his partner for the arrival of his first baby.  I used the Jungle Animal Collection - Large Applique patterns, they are so cute, these cushion covers were made using the largest size and needed two hoopings.  As you can see I used grey and white spotty cotton fabric for the envelope cushion cover and for the giraffe and leopard I used a brushed cotton fabric, very touchy feely.  I did the animals on my embroidery machine then attached them onto the covers with a straight stitch just on the edge of the outline.  I really enjoyed making these and definitely want to use these animals again.
A few pictures showing the stitch out process.  As you sew them you actually tuck the body under the head and this connects them together, but because I was putting them onto the cushion fronts I did them separately so I could move the head about if needed.  If I had have done a smaller size I would have connected them before hand I think.  It actually didn't make that much difference in the end, it just felt like a good idea at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment