Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Cat Cushion Cover

While having a look around the Urban Threads website I came across this cat design for my embroidery machine.  It was one of those that I needed to do and I had the purrfect excuse to do it. 
 My sister has a cat called Fudge and she is 20 years old, she's having a few issues at the moment, the cat not my sister lol.  I got her (sister not the cat 😁) to buy the cushion pad and I said I'd make the cushion cover.  The finished cushion needs a bit more plumping up but she can sort that out, it was going to live in her conservatory but has now got stuck in her room for a while lol.
I used two layers of cut away stabilizer and floated the Natural Seeded Klona cotton fabric on top because the design is so dense, I think there are around 93,500 stitches in the design.  I did have a few minor puckers but not as bad as it could have been.  I did do some practice stitch outs before hand, that is why I used two layers of stabilizer.  One of the practice stitch outs was with the fabric fully hooped but the pull was quite bad in the middle section, I have since bought a cohesive bandage to wrap around the middle of my hoop to give it extra grip, I have yet to try this.  I plan on using the practice cat on another project.  Glad she liked it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Just to say that I'm the proud owner of both Fudge the cat (almost 21 now!) and Fudge the cushion cover! The cushion still looks fabulous and still has pride of place in my living room where it gets plenty of ooo's and arr's from visitors :-). Thanks Sis for such a special and (still) much appreciated addition to our home xxx

    ReplyDelete