Friday, 7 October 2016

Bag for Hanni

The renovations are going really well, David has next week off work so will then be able to do the wallpapering.  This week he has been filling in, varnishing and has started the painting, he's actually done loads but because he's still working it's been every evening, I'll post some more photos next week.  I've got so much on the go at the moment it's daft lol.  Just had another delivery of more t-shirts for another batch of logos.  Trying to finish machine embroidering some blocks for two 20" cushion covers for my two chairs.  My nephew and his partner are expecting a baby in the middle of December so I've been doing some bits and pieces for them.  I have finished a couple of cushions, a quilt top and couple of burp clothes.  I am also going to make two or three bibs on my embroidery machine, but I can't show you anything yet.  I'll update when I can.

I have however, made this little bag for Hanni, she likes the Cath Kidston spotty range of merchandise and I had some spotty fabric, so made this purple one, I do want to make a blue one as well so will be doing that as a break in between all the other stuff.  The embroidery pattern for this bag is from Disorderly Threads and that's on Etsy, I was just having a look around one day and stumbled across it.  The bag measures just under 8" by 5½", I thought Hanni would be able to put her cables and phone chargers etc in it.  She does really like it and it was very easy to make, so will definitely be doing a blue one.
I thought you'd like to see some action shots of the machine embroidery process.  In this one it looks nothing like a shoe lol.

Sunday, 2 October 2016

Renovations - Woodwork finished

I should have posted these pictures yesterday, but as you can imagine it's been a bit mad here.  Went to get some wallpaper and found some, not really the colour I had in my head but we do like it.  I was actually surprised with the amount of wallpaper with glitter/iridescent/pearlescent features on it, it is almost impossible to get a matt paper at the moment.  David is masking all the doors and floor at the moment, so the architrave, skirting and doors can be varnished, so I'll post some progression pictures over the next few days.
Hallway skirting on and needing a bit of paint.
 Once it has been painted the other end of the hallway will be a lot brighter.
Brendan even managed not to kill the existing wallpaper in the hallway when he added the new skirting.
Needs another coat of paint on the ceiling and everything sanding down, these photos were taken before David started doing it.
The colour of the wood looks totally different in this photo because I'd turned the lights on.
We are so pleased with this renovation, still a lot to do and a lot of cleaning to do, but it has been more than worth it.  I think having someone who actually cares about his work had made all the difference, so a big thank you to Brendan.