Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Hannelore's Birthday

My little girl has another birthday this week, what's going on, she's not 26 she's still a mouthy three year old kid.  Well I suppose in Hanni's case nothing ever changes she's still as mouthy today and I wouldn't change a thing about her.  I'm so proud of her I could burst lol, well maybe not but I think you get what I mean.

This is the card I made this year, the stamps are from Chocolate Baroque, I've had them for ages and ages, I think they aren't made any more, but there are some beautiful stamps available over on the website.  These are actually rubber stamps and anyone who knows me knows I don't do rubber, but these I couldn't resist.  The sentiment banner is from a couple of sets of stamps I had made over at Nina Crafts they were called Word Perfect 1 and 2, these were on general sale but are now discontinued, they do however have some really nice word stamps and alphabets so worth a look on there as well.  I was very surprised what I found in my stamp stash when I went for a root round lol.  I used some of the Distress Inks on a piece of white card, the colours were Mustard Seed, Victorian Velvet and Spiced Marmalade, I just blended the ink all over an A4 piece of card.  I then used some VersaFine - Onyx Black to stamp the hearts and the squares before heat embossing with detail clear embossing powder.  I didn't have a plan in my head so just went with it and this is how it ended up.  I used kraft card for the base, used foam pads to attach the heart and squares (I like to also use a little bit of glue stick on the foam pads, just to give an extra bit of stick onto the kraft card).  The base of the heart is stuck flat with foam pads at the top, the banner has a foam pad in the middle and the ends are glued flat.  I used my Memento - Tuxedo Black pen to add the stitch detail and to finish off I added three gems.  I also used one of the hearts on the insert, I really should have taken the photo before I'd written in it, so it's not shown, I also used one of the squares on the inside left side of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment