Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Table Runner

I wanted to have a go at making some quilt blocks on my embroidery machine.  So I found a pattern at Sweet Pea and it's called Wedding Rings Quilt and Blocks.  You can make anything from a quilt to a cushion cover, I decided to make a table runner, using the blocks.  This is a picture of the first block on 'My Brother',
and this is a finished block.
I used some owl fat quarter fabric I got at Hobbycraft, some stripe fabric I found on ebay.  The stabilizer is a tear away, the wadding is an 80/20 mix from Heirloom and the white fabric is from my husband's old white work shirts, I told him he needed some new ones for his new job last year and I couldn't throw them away, so I cut off all the buttons, threw away the collars and cuffs then saved the rest.  The instructions are really easy to follow and I'm really liking the appliqué.
I think I will leave the ends of the table runner in the half circle, as you can see in the picture, by the time I do the other blocks you will see the completed rings.  Hope that makes sense lol, I think I'll have to do about 20 of the 6x6 size blocks, so it will measure 2 x 10 blocks down the middle of the table, I can always add more if necessary.  Back to 'My Brother' now.

No comments:

Post a Comment