Monday, 8 February 2016

The Splendid Sampler

I am addicted to 'My Brother' and before you freak out I mean my sewing/embroidery machine.  I've nearly finished the quilting on my black and white quilt, then I've the binding to do to finish it off.  I've started doing the Leah Day Building Blocks Quilt, I've got all my 42 blocks pieced and pressed, I want to learn how to do free motion quilting.  I have chosen orange and black, this project is an in between other stuff quilt as there is so much FMQ to do.  I'll add photos as it grows.

Today I have signed up for a quilt along project which starts on Valentine's day.  I've phoned my friend Suzan and got her to do the same lol.  I've joined the Facebook page and already there are over 10 000 people from all over the world waiting for the fun to start.  If you're interested here is the info page with all the details (click on the picture):
If when you sign up you don't get your conformation email straight away check your junk email folder it may be in there.

Not sure what fabric to use yet so I'll probably decide as it happens, I'll post photos of each finished 6x6 block.  So as a new quilter I'll be learning lots of new techniques along the way, can't wait.  J


No comments:

Post a Comment