Friday, 19 February 2016

Appliqué

I bought some lovely machine embroidery patterns from Planet Appliqué recently and I also got a couple of free alphabets and this is one of them, it's called Flower Garden Alphabet.  Hanni's friend had a birthday this week and I wanted to have a practice for a bigger embroidery piece I'm wanting to start, new threads I've not used before so wanted to make sure all will go as I want.  I was making this as a scrap piece and wasn't intending to make anything with it but it ended up as a wall hanger and it measures 12.5cm x 17.5cm (5"x7"ish) Hanni said her friend doesn't like pink so she chose the colours you see in the picture for her.  I left the cut away stabilizer in place until I'd cut out two pieces of mount board, I then trimmed the stabilizer so it fit the first piece of board, attaching it with some book binding glue. Then trimmed the cream fabric so it would wrap around the back of the board, adding the ribbon before attaching the second piece of mount board again with book binding glue.  I used the Elizabeth Craft Design happy birthday for the sentiment on the back of the board.  Was quite lucky really it fits into a C5 envelope, right better let it dry now.


No comments:

Post a Comment