Thursday, 28 January 2016

Birthday Card for David

Just going through some bits and pieces and realized I'd not posted details of the card I made for David this year.  I've been trying to get other projects done (mostly quilting, more about that late lol) but I haven't even been blogging properly for a while, tut.  I do have some other cads that I will be posting soon, but first this one.

I have been really impressed with a new CD I bought just before Christmas from Kraftyhands.  I do have a few of their CD's and couldn't resist this one as well.  It's called Bygone Transport and the quality is exceptional as is all their CD's.  If you visit their website you can see a video showing the images included in the CD, it even comes with some patterned paper which I used for the matting on this card.  I printed out the bits and pieces onto some 160 gsm white paper, you get lots of extra bits on the print out so there's plenty to choose from.  I used a cream 6x6 card blank for my base card.  The main picture is actually a cut down tag, I just wanted it as a topper.  I wanted the topper, the compass, the happy birthday sentiment and the sentiment on the inside of the card to be shiny so I used some sticky back plastic covering that I have on a roll.  So, as I cut out the images from the printed sheets I stuck them onto the sticky back and finished cutting them out of that, saves on having to heat emboss etc.  I was really pleased with the shin, unfortunately I had to scan the card because the glare from the photographs meant you could see the images properly.  I used some foam tape and pads to attach the topper, compass and the sentiment.  Added some bakers twine with some PVA Tacky Glue and to finish off I used some mosaic tiles in the corners.  The inside of the card is just as nice as the images on the front and comes on the printed sheets.  I didn't take a picture because I didn't want to show all the mushy stuff I'd written haha, I also used one of the square sentiments on the inside as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment