Friday, 11 December 2015

Christmas/Birthday Gathering

It would have been my dad's birthday this past week.  My family and I always have a meal to celebrate and another in April because that's when my mum's birthday was.  We usually have a theme e.g. Jamaican, Italian, Mexican etc. but this year I suggested Christmas lol.  I made some mini Christmas crackers using the Tonic die set which also has three sentiments in, I also used the Icicle Border from Joanna Sheens Signature Dies range.  Inside each of the crackers I put a mini Lindt Santa and mini mint candy cane and I also added a cracker snap, one of those tapes that bang when you pull them .
The place settings where made using the die collection on the Tattered Lace magazine Issue 24.  I used my Photoshop Elements software to add the hats etc onto all our photos, then used the dies to cut them out.  I used the Presents die from All Occasion Dies with some foil card and the snowflakes are from my stash, some that I punched out ages ago and saved the leftovers for another project like this.  Because the crackers where small I added the cracker jokes to the inside of the place settings, plenty of room for two jokes and big enough to be able to read them lol.  Finishing with a little pearl gem in the middle of each snowflake.
This is the table ready nice and early for us all to mess up.  We did have a really good time, we share the cooking, my middle sister made the starter (potato skins), we made the main (Christmas dinner with all the trimmings) and my youngest sister made the dessert (chocolate and raspberry trifle).  Needless to say we couldn't move afterwards lol.  But a good time was had by all and we did go a bit mad with the photo booth props and got some really daft photos of us all, some good memories were made at this gathering lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment