Monday, 5 October 2015

Using that background

So this is the card I made with the Crunchy Leaves Background I made the other day, I didn't want to cover the whole of the background up with a topper so I cut half the front off the base card.  Then cut the background to fit, using my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper on the ½" edge to round the corners of both the background and the base card.  I used the Spellbiners - Blossom Three die to cut out the flower topper, giving it a little dust with Memento - Desert Sand before removing the white card from the die.  The flower was made using the Tattered Lace Trio set - Rebecca, I cut two of the largest flower shapes in the white card and just before embossing them used the Memento - Lady Bug ink on the embossing folder that comes in the trio set.  Because the ink dries so fast I made sure I cleaned the embossing folder straight away after each use.  Onto some white card I stamped the outline of the leaves four times using Memento - Rich Cocoa, then used the solid leaf stamp with Memento - New Sprout to add the colour.  I find it a little easier to do the outline first when using a darker colour as this gives a good visual aid when stamping the lighter colour from the solid stamps, whichever you find easiest really.  I added the veins using the Rich Cocoa, on the last of the four leaves I added the sentiment from the Birthday Galore stamp set from Nina Crafts.  I gave the flower and leaves a bit of shape before attaching to the card front using some PVA glue and the sentiment leaf was attached flat with foam pads.  To finish off I used large glitter gem for the middle of the flower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment