Thursday, 10 September 2015

My Sister's Birthday Card

Today is my sister's birthday (happy birthday Susan lol) and this is the card I made for her.  I used the Tattered Lace - Shutter Card dies for the base card in pink.  The background little owl paper is from a pad from Trimcraft called Sweet Owl and has little bits of glitter on it, the strip paper is from some 12x12 bits I have left over from other projects.  I used a pink ProMarker to add a little border around each of the cut out pieces before attaching them to the base card, I was going to use an ink pad but thought the tee shape would be a little awkward to get round.  I used the Cottage Cutz happy and birthday dies for the sentiment, I used one layer of brown card and a layer of kraft card to make a shadow for the words.  The matt is the Spellbinders - Office Supplies die, I was going to used the same die on the front of the card for the owls but changed my mind.  The branch the owls are sat on are from the Spellbinder - Cherry Blossoms set of dies, I cut two out of kraft card.  The owls are from Tattered Lace, I die cut them out of the brown card and stuck them onto some pale pink card before re-cutting them out by hand.  I used the Lea'bilities - Small flowers and Leaves die to cut out the leaves.  To finish I used some really small gems for the owl eyes.  I kept thinking it needed something else but I backed off and left it lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment