Thursday, 23 July 2015

Project Club - July 2015 ¤ Purple ¤

Quite a while ago I had a go at making a circular pattern using just one stamp, this month's project club has one of those stamps.  You can see a triangle shape if you use the butterflies body stamp, so on a bit of scrap paper I just kept stamping until I'd joined the circle up.  I then measured from the outer most points and found that if I cut out a 14cm circle I could get a full circle pattern.  If you ink up your stamp and start stamping with the bottom of the circle in front of you, you can line up the antenna all the way around leaving a 2-3mm space between the antenna and the edge of the circle.  Does that make sense? lol.  Try it on scrap first.  I used the largest of the Tonic Circle Layering dies as this measures 14cm and cut some magazine paper for the pattern.  I used some Violet ink from some of my Color Box pigment inks, the stack is called Tulip Field and some clear embossing powder.  After stamping and heat embossing the first body I stamped at each end until the bodies joined up, this meant I could do two at a time, the ink does stay wet long enough to be able to do this.  I also used the violet ink to stamp the sentiment topper and the butterfly, again heat embossing with the clear embossing powder.  I was going to keep the circle in one piece but it didn't look right, so left it for a while and found some lilac paper in my stash.  I wanted to make a swirly background so used the swirl from the Window of Waves stamps and the Memento - Lulu Lavender ink.  Because the swirl has a stitched line on it I used my Memento - Grape Jelly pen and added a stitched effect round the antenna on the patterned circle, again leaving it until I'd decided what to do with it.  The butterfly on the sentiment was coloured in with ProMarkers, all in one colour because I'd stamped it out again onto another piece of white card and once coloured with ProMarkers I sprayed it with some Spray and Shine from Crafter's Companion and left it to dry.  Back to this butterfly body circle,  I cut off the outer bit of the pattern and used the largest Tonic - Scalloped Circle Layering die in the purple textured card and used double sided tape to attach the pattered circle.  In the end I decided to cut the circle, if you look at the size of the top corner it was just over half the full circle the bottom corner is the bit cut of the top and just turned around.  I still have just under half a circle I can use for something else.  Once the glossy butterfly had dried I cut the wings off and attached it to the sentiment on the card front using some silicone glue, I'd already added a ProMarker line around the sentiment and added some of the purple texture card as a matt.  The sentiment was attached to the card front using some foam tape and to finish I added some gems to the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment