Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Project Club - July 2015 ¤ Inky Butterfly ¤

This is a bit of an unusual card size for me, it's an A6, and I quite like it.  I cut my white card so it was a little smaller than the white base card, then added the pierced dots to the corners.  I used the Birthday Flower stamp with Memento - Tuxedo Black and coloured the flower in with my ProMarkers.  I re-stamped the flower, just the middle section, so I could colour and cut out the two little flowers.  I then stamped the body of the butterfly in position again using the black ink.  I wanted a little bit of shine to the card so had a root round in my scrap card drawer and found the little piece of pink foil card, so I cut it in half and added a piece to each of the corners, jut leaving a little sliver showing.  I use foam tape to attach this to the card front.  I was looking for some ink or something to colour the butterfly, when I spotted my ink bottles.  The piece of white stamping card I had was just big enough to fit a butterfly on, so didn't have to go mad with the ink everywhere.  I did use some scrap paper under the white card, just in case the ink when straight through (it did but only a little bit ) and began to add the ink, just letting it dot on the card.  I first used Meadow, the Wild Plum, letting them merge together, the colour was a bit strong and I thought you may not be able to see the butterfly image if I left it like that, so I added some Peach Bellini (all three inks are from Adirondack) and it just merged with the other two colours but started to blend everything together, so I didn't have to throw the piece of card away after all.  Once dry I dusted with an anti-static bag and using the black ink stamped both the outline and the inside image of the butterfly.  I cut out the butterfly not having to bother with the antenna as I'd already stamped the body on the card front.  I attached the wings and the flower with some silicone glue adding a silver gem to the middle of the flowers and some black gems on the body of the butterfly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment