Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Project Club - July 2015 ¤ Green Flourish ¤

I really do like my flourishes and swirls and this is one of my favourites, it was from Dimension Stamps (now Nina Crafts) and I think the size is just right, I also have one with leaves on and another with snowflakes, the flourishes are slightly different on each.  I used it as you can see as a base for the flowers, I stamped using VersaMark and heat embossed with some verdigris embossing powder.  I've had this embossing powder for a while and it has green, brown and gold bits in the powder so you end up with a patchy effect, I also stamped and embossed the sentiment with the same powder.  The flowers are from Creative Expressions - Sue Wilson Camellia dies, once cut out I slightly shaped them before adding them to the front of the card using silicone glue.  I stamped the butterfly body using some Memento - Tuxedo Black but wiping away one of the antenna before stamping onto the card, then re-inking the stamp and wiping away the other antenna and the body so once stamped it looks like the butterfly is in profile.  I stamped the wings of the butterfly onto some patterned card, it was actually blue and white so I used Memento - Dandelion ink to colour it, as you can see I stamped two of the left hand side of the butterfly so it looks like the butterfly is flying to the flowers.  I attached the wings using silicone glue slightly off setting them so you can see both wings.  I added some gems to the middle of the flowers but the card needed something else, so I used a green ProMarker and added some dots to the main stem of the flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment