Monday, 20 July 2015

Project Club - July 2015 ¤ Fairy ¤

I think this is one of my favourite Tattered Lace dies, she's called Bella (always reminds me of my beautiful daughter Hannelore Isabella).  I cut her out of some thick white card, because I knew she wouldn't cut all the way through, I wanted the lower layer to be in piece, so after a little bit of turning the die I managed to leave the dress section in one piece.  Well almost the top of the bodice came out, so that had to be re-attached, no drama, I then coloured her skin, hair and shoes in using ProMarkers.  Then using some thinner white card I cut her out again, this time cutting her upper body and feet off.  I then used a Quickie Glue pen to add the pink glitter, once done I attached the pink layer to the full dress and again used the glue pen to add the iridescent glitter to the white bits.  For the background I used some digital paper I have and once cut to size I used a VersaMark ink pad to scrap around the edges, adding some PanPastels to the VersaMark, the colour was a little too dark pink so I added some cream to lighten it, it seemed to work.  I then stamped the sentiment again using the VersaMark and dusting with PanPastels, I did the same for the three butterflies.  I used a Spellbinders - Decorative Labels Eight die with some white pearlescent card for the fairy background.  For the fairy wings I used some heat resistant acetate with the VersaMark and heat embossed using some WOW - Frozen Lake powder from Chloe Endean, I also did all three butterfly wings.  The background and the die cut needed a little something so I used some high tack tape (red) on the edges of the background and added the embossing powder, being very careful not to overcook it while heating it, I use the glue pen on the die cut then added the embossing powder.  I folded the acetate butterfly wings in half and stuck them over the top of the butterflies on the background paper, using silicone glue, then adding some little blue gems on the antenna's.  The fairy princess' wings were cut in half and separated slightly at the back and attached with some silicone glue, she was then attached using some foam tape and pads to the front of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment