Monday, 15 June 2015

Using some very old stamps

This card was made for my sister's birthday this week.  I didn't actually know what to make, so I had a look through some of my very old stamps for some inspiration, the petals for this spinner card are made from some stamps that are over 5 years old, back in the Dimension Fourth days, now Nina Crafts.  The stamps are discontinued and have been for a long time, but I do like to look through them and sometimes ideas just pop into my head, so I couldn't resist a oldie.  I did the flower first so I could see how far down the gingham card I needed to cut out the slit for the spinner.  I stamped using some VersaFine - Onyx Black and heat embossed using some detail clear embossing powder, onto various pieces of green card, some texture some plain.  I cut out and assembled the flower adding some glitter to the top layer and some black gems to the ends of the swirls on the lowest layer.  After measuring the height of the flower I marked out on the back of the gingham card the slit I needed.  The width of the slit was a little bit bigger than the circular foam pad I used on the back of the flower.  I used another old stamp to add the little flowers on the front of the gingham card, adding a little bit of ribbon before I attached the gingham card centrally to the front of the card that I'd already added the silver foil card background, I used a double layer of foam tape on the upper and lower edges of the slit leaving a little gap for the pennies to run, I also added double layers to the top and bottom of the gingham card.  I inserted the spinner flower, the stack I did was flower, foam pad, one pence piece, foam pad, then finally another one pence piece.  I added this stack carefully trying not to bend the gingham card, with a one pence piece at either side of the slit.  I stamped the happy birthday onto some white card and gave it a little dusting of Distress Ink on the edges and matted it onto some silver foil card, attaching to the card front using some foam pads but making sure it didn't get in the way of the spinning flower.  To finish off I added some Card Candi to the corners and a green dazzler to the middle of the flower.  

1 comment:

  1. Being the recipient of this glorious card (which, I have to add, looks a thousand times better in the flesh!), I can honestly say that all that hard work (as described above) was worth it!

    Thanks Sis XXX :o) XXX

    ReplyDelete