Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Clock for Hanni

I've just finished this clock, Hanni asked me to make it after she saw the teapot, she said 'I see your back on the MDF, will you make me a clock please, the same papers as the drawers'.  How could I not lol.  The drawer unit is ...here, the heart shape for this clock is from Joanna Sheen, the three extra large heartsI asked David (hubby) to drill the hole and I used my last clock fitting, guess what, it was damaged, tut, I reordered some more from eBay, really fast delivery.  I got the non-ticking (sweep) movement with a medium spindle, this gave me enough height to add the butterflies with their wings slightly raised.  So, the heart had a brown laser cut colour around the edge so I used a black ProMarker to cover it, then added the Tim Holtz - Vintage Shabby papers using Mod Podge.  Once dry I used my craft knife to trim the edges, I was going to used some sand paper but I didn't want the distressed look around the edge.  I next added the numbers, I wasn't too sure how to get them in the right place, so after a bit of thought I used my roll of double sided tape, because that was actually the right size I needed, I marked off the number points using a pen on the inside edge of the roll, placed it onto the heart with the drilled hole in the middle and used the outside edge of the tape as a guide to attach to the numbers.  I used my Sapphire cutting machine and the Spellbinders Sapphire - Numbers and Letters Two set of dies, I cut them out three times in plain black, layering them up with some clear drying PVA glue, I then cut another top layer out of some black card with a slight sheen on it, this card had a brown underside so I used the black ProMarker to colour all the edges in, then glued this top layer onto the others, this gave the numbers a really sturdy feel and I liked the raised effect.  The heart and flower swirls around the edge of the heart are from the Tattered Lace - Sweetness Border, I just cut it up and attached to the heart using clear drying PVA, saving the little hearts and flowers that was part of the waste for the filler bits.  The butterflies are also Tattered Lace - Kaleidoscope Butterfly L and the Kaleidoscope Butterfly M, I didn't want the black base of the butterflies as big as the die so I drew around the butterflies on the back of the black base with pencil and cut out the smaller shape on both butterflies.  I cut out the top layer using the vintage shabby paper.  The black bases where glued flat and the top pink layer I slightly raised on the wings, to finish I added some black gems from Meiflower to the middle of the butterflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment