Saturday, 30 May 2015

Shirley's Birthday

My mother-in-law Shirley has a big birthday this week, not telling which one, she wouldn't thank me for that lol.  Anyway, she's a bit of a magpie so I wanted a card that was very shiny, so I throw everything at this one haha.  I used some paper from an 8x8 paper pad, it's one I've had a while, it's a bit odd in so that it has flowers, leaves and even some damask on the pieces and the pad is called Pampered Pets, really!!  Anyway, I wanted to add to the background so I cut a Sue Wilson - Petite Vinery die out of some scrap card and used this as a template for my air gun adding some pink ProMarker randomly over the full 8x8x patterned paper.  I then used some Memento - New Sprout ink and an old tiny leaf stamp to add a little bit of green, I only used a little bit of this paper, the rest was set aside for my next project.  Having had a root in my left over bits and pieces drawer I found the doily, they actually split into two pieces very easily and because I didn't want anything dropping off only used the one side, leaving the other for my next project.  I used some daisy lace and added some white pearly gems to the middle of each.  The flower on the right is from the Tattered Lace - Charisma Hydrangea CD-ROM and die set, I also added some Cheery Lyn Design leaves cut out of white pearlescent card and glittered using a Zig glue pen.  The pink corners are from a Sue Wilson - Lattice Accents,  I sprayed some of the background paper with ProMarkers then once I ran the paper and dies through my Sapphire cutting machine used the Zig glue pen to add the glitter.  The cupcake is an old stamp set I have from Kanban, I've had them for ages, it was stamped using the Dew Drop Brittiance - Coffee Bean ink pad and heat embossed using some detail clear embossing powder.  Once cut out I used some glitter for the frosting and just on the top section of the case.  I kept all my ProMarkers, inks dies, lace etc. in a box ready for my next project, I usually put everything away as I type it up, but this time it was a good excuse for my desk being messy lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment