Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Project Club - May 2015 ¤ Red Car ¤

Nina Crafts Project Club

The car with its shine was made exactly the same as I did for the blue car, in fact I made them both at the same time.  For this card I wanted to make a stepper card so I measured the cogs I cut out using the Spellbinders - Cogs dies.  Using some dark red pearlescent card and my Woodware trimmer, cut down the side of the card, this trimmer has to be pressed down to cut making it easier to cut inside the card.  I scored the side where I wanted to folds to be and luckily I managed to get it so the sentiment fit in the front section, you can't see any measurements on the trimmer so I just guess.  I used some black card and ran it through a Cuttlebug folder called Clockworks.  I have just got some new pots of Gliding Wax, the stuff I've used in the past were quite hard and I didn't like the finish I got so I have been avoiding them for ages.  But I saw a demo on TV using the Pebeo waxes so ordered them, they are really easy to use and are very creamy.  I applied three coloured to the black embossed background, they are the Silver, Empire Gold and the Renaissance Gold, blending all three together.  For some reason there was a little dot on my base card, but when I tried to remove it it just smudged in, tut.  So I used a stylus and added some more dots around the base card, smudging some of them lol.  I attached the backgrounds to the base card and didn't want to cover them up too much so added the cogs offsetting the red and the black cogs, having run the black one through the embossing folder first.  I needed something else but not too much so I cut out the man from the Tonic dies and stuck him on the corner, I then attached to car with foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed using some Stampendous embossing powder called Red Dragon.  To finish I just added some little dots of Glossy Accents to the middle of some of the cogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment