Friday, 15 May 2015

Project Club - May 2015 ¤ Black and White ¤

Nina Crafts Project Club

I was having a look through my scrap drawer and found this barcode paper, I don't know where it's from because I've had it quite a while, so this was the inspiration for this card.  I didn't even cut it, I just matted it onto some black card and attached it to the card front.  I then stamped the car using VersaFine - Onyx Black and used detailed clear embossing powder, I coloured it in using my ProMarkers using the Cool Grey shades.  As you can see I cut the car out leaving a 2mm white border around it, then matted onto the black card.  I needed a bit of something to fill the top right hand corner and thought of the project club stamps from January this year.  I didn't want the full heart so trimmed it just a little wider than the lapels, so I stamped with the black and heat embossed, then used a Memento - Tuxedo Black pen to colour the edges of the white card, before colouring in with ProMarkers.  I think it makes the card look a bit art deco.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment trimming it quite small and matting onto the black, I was going to centralize it in the gap that was left but thought a bit of ribbon would fill it better.  I used some VersaCraft - Real Black ink and stamped the Daddy Cool text onto the ribbon leaving the end overlapping but frayed the end.  I used some high tack red double sided tape to stick the ribbon, some foam tape to attach the triangle and double sided tape to attach everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment