Monday, 16 February 2015

A card for Hanni

My daughter is recovering from surgery so couldn't go to the shops and buy a valentine card for her other half, so mum to the rescue lol.  I did this card for her using the heart stencil from Imagination Crafts.  I first used some Memento - Lady Bug ink but it wasn't quite what I wanted so I used a darker shade of Memento but in the pen, Rhubarb Stalk, to draw around and edging the shapes.  This made them stand out a littler better but I wanted it shiny, so after I removed the stencil I used a grey ProMarker around the outside edge to make the shapes stand out a little more, then used a Sakura red pen and re-coloured the shapes.  Still not quite what I wanted so used some Glossy Accents, I was happy with that.  I used some red foil card for the matts and the sentiment both on the front and on the inside of the card were made on my computer and red foil was added using my Foil-It machine.  The sentiment on the inside was just the right size for me to use my scalloped and classic heart dies from Spellbinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment