Friday, 16 January 2015

Project Club - January 2015 ¤ Top Hats ¤

Nina Crafts project club.

I wanted to show you don't have to use the top hats just for the men, they work just as well for the ladies.  I stamped two of the hats onto some white card using VersaFine - Onyx Black and then heat embossed using some detail clear embossing powder.  I did the same onto some pink lace paper from my stash and cut out the band around the hat, then stuck it onto one of the white hats.  Because the paper is a bit thin I stuck the cut out lace hat on top of the other white hat.  I had a look though my die cut leftovers, these are some bits and pieces I have cut out using some of my cutting dies and not used on other projects.  I found a mannequin in brown, it's one of the Tonic dies, so I cut off the base section and coloured it dark grey to use as a hat stand.  I used some linen pale pink card for the matt, the Spellbinders - Classic Scalloped Heart and the matt on the sentiment.  I embossed some white card using an Embossalicious flower folder for the background, I also used the same folder for the Spellbinders - Classic Heart die I used for the topper.  I attached the heart topper with some foam tape, the hat stand with some clear drying PVA glue, I also used the PVA for the pink hat but used some foam pads for the white hat.  The sentiment was stamped using the VersaFine and heat embossed with the clear powder onto some white card, I also added the little heart cluster along the border under the sentiment, this I stamped using Memento - Angel Pink ink.  Once I'd cut out the sentiment it looked a little flat so I cut the section under the heart swirl away leaving the wavy line, this I think made the little hearts stand out a bit more.  I used two layers of foam pads in the middle of the sentiment and just the one layer on both the outside edges, giving a raised middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment