Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Crafting Mavis

I can think of a few people to send Crafting Mavis to, all I would need to do is change the hair colour, sorry ladies lol.  I started off looking for a Spellbinder die that would fit this image, I found the Labels One die was just right.  I stamped using Memento - Tuxedo Black and coloured in using my favourite ProMarkers, I wanted her to look a little younger so did her hair in reds.  I also didn't want her to have falling down stockings so made the slippers and the stockings all one colour, they reminded me a little of Hug Boots.  I used some textured card for the matting so used a similar colour for her top adding a darker shade to make it look like she has a spotty top on.  Blue always goes well with pink so that's the colour I used for her desk.  She is definitely on a mission with all that card and paper on her desk, thinking of that made the wording pop into my head. So I cut some off cuts of white card and trimmed them down to 2cm wide and the pink matt is 3cm wide.  First I stamped the capital 'R' leaving a gap before it, my intention was to try and centre the text.  I used the new alphabet stamps Uppercase Kissing Alphabet and the Lowercase Kissing Alphabet, I have this thing about alphabets so I really do like these, they have both outline stamps as well as the solid stamps, what a bargin.  Anyway, I didn't like the layout when I aligned the strips of text so I used a sticky note and masked off the end of the 'Ready' strip, then stamped a section of the Mavis stamp and used the same colours I'd used in the main image.  As you can see I did the same for the other two strips but did the 'Steady' at the opposite end.  I used the Tonic Square Layering dies for the pink matt on the main image, so while they were on my desk I cut the ends of the strips into the flag shape.  I used my We R Memory Keepers corner Chomper on the ¼" to round the corners before matting onto the pink matt and shaping those in the same way.  The background is from a card/paper/vellum stack I've had for ages, I have a few, this one has pinks and lilac's in it, the paper I used has a gold tint on it as well as the pink flowers, I rounded the corner before attaching it to the card front.  I attached the 'Steady' using double sided tape and everything else with foam tape.  To finish off I used some Glossy Accents on her glasses, the spilt water, the glue and the paintbrush.  When dry I used a Quickie Glue pen and added some pink glitter, I dotted it all over because I don't know about you but I always get it everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment