Monday, 17 November 2014

Project Club - November 2014 ~ Blue with Reindeer ~

I started with the background on this card then the card itself just happened.  Onto a piece of copier paper I die cut three snowflake I think they were the Spellbinders dies (I tidied my desk before I made note of the dies) I cut them in the middle of the paper so I could use it as a template.  Using a plain piece of white card and my template I inked the snowflakes with Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, randomly stamping all over the card.  I then used Distress Ink - Salty Ocean to ink the edges, to finish of the background I used a snowflake background stamp from Nina Crafts and the Salty Ocean to add the snowflakes.  Using the Spellbinder - Labels Twenty-Eight dies I cut out the topper and once embossed I inked around the edges using the Tumbled Glass.  I then stamped the elves using Memento - Tuxedo Black, making masks for the elves using some sticky notes.  I stamped the smallest first then covered him with the mask, I then stamped the middle sized elf and again covered him with his mask, finally I stamped the largest elf and once I removed the masks I coloured them in using my ProMarkers.  I stamped the musical notes adding some glaze with a Sakura pen, then added the glitter to the notes and to the trims on the elves.  I used the die the draw around to make the matt, it was some blue spotty card and I just added the Salty Ocean ink all around the edges.  I was about to add the ribbon when I saw on my shelf the silver star one you see on the card, it's actually for wrapping presents, I attached it using a tape runner.  I used an oddment of the snowflake ribbon and tied it using the satin ribbon, I attached this with my glue gun.  The reindeer I found in my stash, it's a mirrored one, I also found some Christmas trees and some snowflakes but thought the deer was suitable.  It needed something else, so I cut out the two corners using the Memory Box - Frostyville Corner die, I'd already attached the elf topper so had to just trim little bits off the corner to make it fit.
If you would like to join the project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on your purchases, then visit the Nina Crafts website for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment