Monday, 27 October 2014

Robin Wreath

I know I haven't posted for a little while but I haven't been very well, I'm only just starting to get anything like better, after being poorly for the last nearly three months.  But onward and upward.  I made this and some other display pieces a little while ago, so will be posting them over the next few days.  Thank you for your emails and 'yes' I'm getting better.

I used all three robins and all three snowflakes from Nina Crafts for this display piece, they are:
I used the Tonic Layering Circles and the Scalloped Circles for each of the circles.  I stamped the snowflakes using VersaMark and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder, adding some Glamour Dust glitter to the finished image.  For the robins I stamped with VersaFine - Onyx Black and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  I didn't want the feet of the robins to not be visible because of the dark blue card, so I stamped their legs onto some more circles in white card that I'd cut in half, I ripped the top of the half circle to give a raw edge for a snowy effect.   I coloured the robins, cut out the upper body and added the glitter.  I matted the snowflake circles, embossed the plain circles with a Papermania snowflake embossing folder before matting those.  After adding the white legs I glued the circles together the make the wreath, once nearly dry I turned it over and added some smaller circles I'd cut out from left over card, to the over lapping edges, just to add a bit of strength to the wreath.  I used the Swirly Christmas Words  for the sentiment adding some glitter, matting onto the silver foil card, then gluing into place.  I used my we R Memory Keepers Crop-A Dile and a snowflake eyelet, adding a little white ribbon at the top to hang it up.  Finally I used some silicone glue to attach the robins upper bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment