Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Susan's Birthday

Today is my sister's birthday and she loves butterflies, so I thought this card using some Tonic dies would fit the bill.  So the border is the Deco Frame - Rose and I also used the Layering Butterflies.  The background paper is from a Tim Holtz pad, once cut to size I added some Memento - Angel Pink ink around the edges.  I cut out the frame using some pink pearlescent card, then cut it again using some green and some pink card.  Because I did only one pass through my Cuttlebug it didn't cut all the way though, (I sometimes have to turn the die and cut again) I had all the outside area cut but the roses were still joined in places so I used some double sided tape on the back to keep it all together, then I cut out the roses, then the leaf sections and glued them to the underneath of the frame.  I cut out the butterflies in the same way, first one pass through the Cuttlebug using some pink heart card from Kanban then a proper cut out using some pink textured card, but they needed something else so I cut then out again using some white card.  To finish I used some gems from Papermania on the butterflies for the bodies and as a little flourish around some of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment