Thursday, 18 September 2014

Project Club - September 2014 ~ Pink Bathroom ~

September project club card for Nina Crafts.

If I remember rightly this open window with curtains was a freebie stamp way back when and it came with the Four Season's stamps these were four trees, one for each season.  It was I think called A Room with a View.  Anyway, I had a look through my older stamps I found this one, David (hubby) said I should stamp a window cleaner lol but I couldn't find anything that would have worked, next time though.  So onto a piece of white card I stamps the lady in the bath then stamped the window over the top using Memento - Tuxedo black.  I then stamped them both again but this time onto a sticky note to make a mask of each.  I covered them both with the masks and used some Adirondack - Meadow and Cloudy Blue to do a little bit of a scene through the window adding a little sun as well, I didn't stress about it and it really could have been done a little better but that wasn't the main focus of the card.  Next I re-stamped the window onto some patterned paper and cut out the curtains, attached then to the piece of card with PVA glue.  Onto another piece of white card I stamped the lady in the bath and cut it out.  Onto the spotty paper I stamped the bath and cut out attaching with PVA, adding some shading with a ProMarker around the edges.  I also used a ProMarker to add a slight bit of colour to the cushion, and used some pink and white paper for her shower cap, it was a piece out of my scrap box, just enough to do the cap and the background, which I added a bit of ProMarker around the edges before matting onto the card front.  I attached the lady in the bath using some foam pads then added some Glossy Accents sprinkled with a little bit of glitter on the bubbles and on the foamy top of the bath and set aside to dry.  I stamped out the Do Not Disturb sigh and colour with ProMarkers, cutting it out leaving a little white border around the edge.  The flowers I made using some dies from Cheery Lynn and they are the Flourish Leaf Strip, the Medium  and the Miniature Roses.  I added a dusting of pink ink on the roses and green on the leaves, attaching to the card front with PVA.  To finish I used some Baker's Twine as the thread for the sign, which was attached with foam tape.
If you would like details about our project club visit the website ...here.

No comments:

Post a Comment