Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Project Club - September 2014 ~ Lilac Birthday ~

September project club card for Nina Crafts.

I have a card block/stack that I've had for ages, so that is what I've used for the background, I was going to add some Distress Ink to the lower section of the card but once I'd finished the topper I decided to leave it and just add the ProMarker edge.  Onto a white piece of card I stamped the candles first using Memento - tuxedo Black, then stamped them again onto a sticky note before cutting them out, this made my mask.  I covered the stamped candles with the mask and stamped the perfume bottle and the cup of chocolate in the background.  I cut out the white card with the Spellbinders - Classic Oval dies, then used the Lacey Ovals for the lilac card.  The stamped image looked a little bottom heavy so I stamped both the cup and the bottle onto the sticky notes to make a mask for each and cut them out.  I then used the Extra Circle Words set of stamps and added the sentiment by first covering the bottle and the cup with the masks.  I then coloured in using ProMarkers before using double sided tape to attach the white card to the lacey matt.  I thought the lilac disappeared into the background so I used some purple foil card to make it stand out a little.  I used the Tonic Layering Ovals to cut the foil and as you can see they match very well with the Spellbinders.  I had bits of card left over, not quite enough to put a border right across the card front so I cut it short so it finished just at the back of the oval.  I stamped the Pamper yourself text and added a bit of a highlight using the same ProMarker I'd used for the cup.  I matted onto the lilac then onto the purple foil before attaching to the card front with double sided tape.  The oval is attached using some foam tape.  I made the bow and attached with glue dots before finishing off with some gems.
If you would like details about our project club visit the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment