Friday, 5 September 2014

Dale's Birthday

As I'm typing this bit of information about the card it's actually the 18th July and it's Dale's birthday on the 23rd.  I can't post it yet because I've actually used the August Project Club set from Nina Crafts (if you would like to find out about the project club visit the new website and in the contact section you will find a contact sheet, Faye will be more than happy to help) and I don't want to let anyone see it until Sue has had a chance to finish her cards for August.  Dale and my daughter Hanni are big fans of Huddersfield Town football club so this card had to be the appropriate colours, and I really like the blue and white colours, not football lol.
The stamps I used from the August project club set are: the background whistle, two sentiment stamps (also used on the background and stamped using Memento - Summer Sky), the large shirt, the small shirt and the scarf.  The only stamp I didn't used from the set is the large trophy and that's because I couldn't fit it on.  The football is from the Football Fanatic set of stamps, I stamped it using Memento - Tuxedo Black and coloured the black areas with a black ProMarker, I cut it out leaving a little white border around the edge.  I actually cut out the middle of the scarf and added a strip of white card that I'd coloured in with the same blue ProMarker as I used on all the other bit and pieces, just to keep the colour consistent.  I then used  a stamp from the Birthday Galore set, it was attached to the 'Happy Birthday to you' section of the stamps but I cut off the Happy Birthday bit and used that, stamping with VersaMark and heat embossing with white embossing powder.  I cut the strip of card to match the width of the scarf then I used a black Memento pen to add the black edges making it look as if it was meant to be there before I matted it onto some white card and trimmed it leaving a little white border but leaving the sides longer so I could glue the cut up scarf to the ends.  I used  pale blue textured background card adding a black edge with the black ProMarker and once stamped I attached it to the base card with double sided tape.  Added the football again with double side tape, the small shirts I made into some bunting, the large shirt and the scarf (I slightly curved the scarf to give a little dimension) were all attached with silicone glue.  I knew I wanted to put the circles down the right hand side so that was OK but I wanted something to balance it out a little so made the white corners, instead of writing it all down I've added the following picture to show you how I did them.
For the circles I used some white card and coloured it in again with the blue ProMarker before using a 1½" circle punch to cut out four of them.  I used the July stamp from the What a Year stamp set and the outline letters from the alphabet set with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then attached them to the card with silicone glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment