Sunday, 24 August 2014

Snowflake Stars

I used all three of the new snowflake stamps for the background on this card from Nina Crafts, they are Let it Snow, Let it Go and Snow is Falling.  So to start I cut the blue card to size, but then decided to use a Martha Stewart punch along the bottom of the card.  In hindsight I should have punched first then trimmed the card to the size I wanted because I don't like so much white space along the bottom, but never mind next time lol.  I then stamped the snowflakes using VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then decided to use the sentiment from the Magical Christmas stamps.  I had a look through my Spellbinder dies to find a tag or frame to fit, but they were all a little too small.  So I cut one end of the Fancy Tags die on some white card then re- attached it along the top and bottom edges and cut out the other end, the height of the shape was just right.  I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and used some blue embossing powder.  I wanted some baubles but didn't want to cover up the snowflakes so thought the stars would fit the bill.  So I punched out the stars using some holograph card and scored and folded them to make them 3-D.  Using a Quickie Glue pen I added some glitter to the snowflakes, the punched snowflakes and the tag.  I used some silicone glue to attach the stars adding some silver peel off borders for the thread and to finish off I added some little bows from Meiflower.


No comments:

Post a Comment