Friday, 15 August 2014

Holly Robin

When I'd made the Robin Wishes card I'd cut out some masks for the robin so I reused them for this card.  The stamp I used is the Season's Tweetings from Nina Crafts.  I used VersaFine - Onyx Black and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder.  I then used each mask to ink the different parts of the robin using Distress Inks, I sponged each section starting with the Antique Linen for the under body area, I wasn't particularly careful and didn't do much blending, I then moved on to the upper body using Brushed Corduroy and then the red breast using Festive Berries inking in the same way as the under body.  I used a die from the Spellbinders D-Lites - Frame One set and embossed it in the corner.  I like using the dies to emboss, I don't do it very often but you can get some really good effects.  I added the sentiment to the middle of the frame, then thought it needed a little glitter (I was having a play really) so put the frame back in place and inked the middle with some VersaMark, added some clear embossing powder then just before heating it added a sprinkle of glitter, it was a bit of a gamble because some glitters don't react well apparently, so just did it anyway, after all its just a bit of card lol.  Still carried on with the card, I'd not been put off by my efforts just yet.  I used a ProMarker - Tea Green to apply a border around the robin and along the bottom of the card, I think it just makes the image stand out a bit.  Then went on to colour the holly and berries with ProMarkers.  The card was a bit binable at this time, so thought through some glitter at it, so used a Quickie Glue pen and added the glitter all over the robin but not on the holly and berries.  The colours were instantly toned down, and I'd started liking it again lol.  I had a poinsettia flower left over from making the robin wishes car so added some glitter to that.  Then I had a look through my paper/card stash for something appropriate and found some poinsettia card, I think it was from Hunkydory, so rounded the corners and attached it to the base card, then rounded the corners of the base card.  After rounding the corners on the robin topper I added it to the corner because I had a poinsettia left over from the robin wishes card and didn't want it to cover the robin, so added some glitter to the poinsettia before fixing with silicone glue.  I used an ivy die from the Joanna Sheens Signature range on some glitter card, I cut the ivy flourish in half and added some punched out holly leaves.  The leaves are just plain when they are punched out so I use a small stylus to add the detail on them.  From the die cut waste I cut two swirls and added them to some holly leaves and added some red gems for the berries, just to try and balance the top of the card a little.  So this card was just a mess about and I didn't have a plan or anything it just turned out like it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment