This is a very quick wedding card I did for Hanni (daughter) today, she is going to an evening do this evening and I opened my mouth and the words 'shall I make you a card' fell out haha, she's really rubbish at remembering to get a card. Anyway, I used some Tattered Lace dies: George, Bella, Bells off the magazine and the Adele Flower. I cut out Bella in white twice, sticking some tape on the back of one of them to keep it all in one piece, this one I coloured her skin and hair with ProMarkers. The other one I cut off the body section and sprayed the dress with some Stick & Stay from Crafter's Companion and added some glitter, then glued it onto the full coloured cut out. I did the same with George using some silver pearlescent card for the top layer. I used the silver card for the underside of the bells and the top layer was glittered. I cut out part of the Adele Flower as a stencil and used my airbrush to make the background, using the ProMarker - Sand Dune. I also did this in just two corners on the insert, adding a sentiment using some silver embossing powder. I fixed the bells and the couple onto the card with foam pads and finished off with some pearls in the corners. Right back to finishing off the project club.
Saturday, 30 August 2014
Sunday, 24 August 2014
I used all three of the new snowflake stamps for the background on this card from Nina Crafts, they are Let it Snow, Let it Go and Snow is Falling. So to start I cut the blue card to size, but then decided to use a Martha Stewart punch along the bottom of the card. In hindsight I should have punched first then trimmed the card to the size I wanted because I don't like so much white space along the bottom, but never mind next time lol. I then stamped the snowflakes using VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then decided to use the sentiment from the Magical Christmas stamps. I had a look through my Spellbinder dies to find a tag or frame to fit, but they were all a little too small. So I cut one end of the Fancy Tags die on some white card then re- attached it along the top and bottom edges and cut out the other end, the height of the shape was just right. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and used some blue embossing powder. I wanted some baubles but didn't want to cover up the snowflakes so thought the stars would fit the bill. So I punched out the stars using some holograph card and scored and folded them to make them 3-D. Using a Quickie Glue pen I added some glitter to the snowflakes, the punched snowflakes and the tag. I used some silicone glue to attach the stars adding some silver peel off borders for the thread and to finish off I added some little bows from Meiflower.
Friday, 15 August 2014
When I'd made the Robin Wishes card I'd cut out some masks for the robin so I reused them for this card. The stamp I used is the Season's Tweetings from Nina Crafts. I used VersaFine - Onyx Black and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder. I then used each mask to ink the different parts of the robin using Distress Inks, I sponged each section starting with the Antique Linen for the under body area, I wasn't particularly careful and didn't do much blending, I then moved on to the upper body using Brushed Corduroy and then the red breast using Festive Berries inking in the same way as the under body. I used a die from the Spellbinders D-Lites - Frame One set and embossed it in the corner. I like using the dies to emboss, I don't do it very often but you can get some really good effects. I added the sentiment to the middle of the frame, then thought it needed a little glitter (I was having a play really) so put the frame back in place and inked the middle with some VersaMark, added some clear embossing powder then just before heating it added a sprinkle of glitter, it was a bit of a gamble because some glitters don't react well apparently, so just did it anyway, after all its just a bit of card lol. Still carried on with the card, I'd not been put off by my efforts just yet. I used a ProMarker - Tea Green to apply a border around the robin and along the bottom of the card, I think it just makes the image stand out a bit. Then went on to colour the holly and berries with ProMarkers. The card was a bit binable at this time, so thought through some glitter at it, so used a Quickie Glue pen and added the glitter all over the robin but not on the holly and berries. The colours were instantly toned down, and I'd started liking it again lol. I had a poinsettia flower left over from making the robin wishes car so added some glitter to that. Then I had a look through my paper/card stash for something appropriate and found some poinsettia card, I think it was from Hunkydory, so rounded the corners and attached it to the base card, then rounded the corners of the base card. After rounding the corners on the robin topper I added it to the corner because I had a poinsettia left over from the robin wishes card and didn't want it to cover the robin, so added some glitter to the poinsettia before fixing with silicone glue. I used an ivy die from the Joanna Sheens Signature range on some glitter card, I cut the ivy flourish in half and added some punched out holly leaves. The leaves are just plain when they are punched out so I use a small stylus to add the detail on them. From the die cut waste I cut two swirls and added them to some holly leaves and added some red gems for the berries, just to try and balance the top of the card a little. So this card was just a mess about and I didn't have a plan or anything it just turned out like it did.
Tuesday, 5 August 2014
I have posted this video on the Nina Crafts YouTube channel a couple of days ago, so it's just the same, I just like to keep my channel up to date. If you would like to join the project club please visit the Nina Crafts website.