Friday, 4 July 2014

Project Club - July 2014 ~ Sign ~

I made this sign for my craftroom door using both the outline and the solid letters.  I used Memento - Tuxedo Black and the Cantaloupe ink pads, the Cantaloupe has also been used for the background but it does look like a different colour, I'll explain that in a minute.  The background is a piece of yellow/white paper so I didn't even need to do any colour blending or anything.  The stamp I used for both the letters and the background is the Geometric Flower Background from Nina Crafts.  This stamp reminds me of one of those beaded curtains you have over your door in the summer and it makes a little swishing noise in the breeze, sorry got caught in the moment there lol.  I placed a strip of low tack tape along my A4 piece of white card to give me a working line so I could get the letters in some kind of straight line.  I first stamped out the outline letters in black, now this set hasn't any punctuation so I used the flick of the 'J' and a sticky note to make the apostrophe, finishing it off with my Memento pen.  Next I added the colour, so first I inked the daisy background with the black ink then using the solid letters and the Cantaloupe, inked up the letter and before filling in the outlined stamped letter on the card I picked up some of the black ink on the flower background using the kissing technique, so let me try to explain that a little better.  Ink up the solid letter using the Cantaloupe, stamp the letter onto the flower background, this will pick up some of the black (this is the kissing technique, lots of video's are available on YouTube) then stamp the letter onto the white card, using the outline stamped letter as a guide.  Once all the letters were stamped I dusted it over with an anti-static bag and using the solid stamps again stamped using VersaMark then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  You can tell if you have covered all the letters with the VersaMark because the ink goes a slightly darker colour, so I had to make sure I lined it up properly.  I used a black semi glossed card for the matt and used my inverted corner rounder on each of the corners.  I used the Cantaloupe Memento pen to add a little golden edge to the white card and into the curved corners before attaching it to the background.  To finish I used some brads that have the screw heads on, so it looks as if it's screwed to the door.  

No comments:

Post a Comment