Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Project Club - July 2014 ~ A Little Bit Messy ~

I like to have a mooch about on the Internet and sometimes I come across a quote or some other saying, this is one I found, some of them do have a name of the person who said it attached to them but this one didn't, I think I saw it on an advertisement for a piece of wall art.  Anyway, I used some masking tape to try and keep my letters straight and stamped using some VersaFine - Onyx Black and heat embossing with clear embossing powder.  I did the words 'messy' and 'very' using the solid stamps, using the same technique as in the 'craftroom' sign, again using Memento, then used an anti-static bag before using the VersaFine ink and heat embossing.  I coloured the outlined letters in using ProMarkers, then used Glossy Accents on all the letters, I had to make sure I didn't apply too much as the card would curl too much, I didn't do too bad as the dried card was relatively flat.  Just before the Glossy Accents dried I added some Shimmer Dots from Papermania randomly to some of the letters.  I matted onto some black semi-gloss card after trimming it to size.  The background is a piece of Kanban card, I added the Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, then added some splodges of water and dabbed it off with a paper towel to give a bit of a textured finish, this I matted on the black card.  I used grey board for the main backing adding some of the Distress Ink to tie it in with the rest of the bits.  I cut out three leaves using a die from Joy Crafts.  The large flower is from Cheery Lynn Design, I cut one white to which I added some of the Distress Ink and one from a piece of acetate I'd coloured using the "caught in crystal" technique from Sue Wilson.   I had made two A5 pieces of the acetate, one in the blue/rust/silver colours and one in the red/purple/gold colours, so I used the blue for the flower and the red for the butterfly.  Dies used - for the flower I used a Stacker Flower from Cheery Lynn Designs and for the centre I used one of the Spellbinders - Flower Bouquet Miniabilities, the butterfly is from the Spellbinders - Les Papillions Two set.  I used a red jewel brad for the middle of the flower, a couple of the shimmers dots for the body of the butterfly and to finish off I used some Papermania ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment