Monday, 7 July 2014

Project Club - July 2014 ~ Congratulations ~

I wanted to show the size of the letters from this set of stamps, by showing you the longest word I could think of.  This card is a DL in cream and as you can see the word fits perfectly right across the front.  I stamped using Memento - Rich Cocoa, but wanted to do something a little different, so I used a Quickie Glue pen to fill the inside of the outline letters.  I actually filled the whole word before I added some foil, the glue will stay tacky for quite a long time.  I think my pen must be a little old or something because it didn't leave the blue colour it once did, so I couldn't see if I'd covered all of the letters until I'd added the foil.  I had to go back and fill in some little areas, not much really but once I'd added some more foil I didn't like the patchy bits, so ended up adding some more glue and covering them with some Glamour Dust glitter.  I used a Cheery Lynn Design die for the rose, cutting it out twice once in gold foil the other in the cream card, I just cut off the leaves and added some of the glitter.  I attached the gold die cut with foam pads then layered the cream rose with foam pads as well.  The background cream card has been embossed using a Die'sire - Embossalicious folder and matted onto some gold foil.  I didn't want to add anything else as this card was just about the size of the letters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment