Sunday, 13 July 2014

Project Club - July 2014 ~ Birthday ~

My sisters birthday card here and she is very much an earth person and green is her favourite colour, so I thought the colours blue to green would work quite well with this card.  I used Memento Inks - Bahama Blue, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy for the solid letters and Tuxedo Black the flourish stamp for the added texture.  Once the text had been stamped I went over it again with the solid stamps with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then used the black ink and stamped a second generation image of the flourish, then after cleaning the stamp I did another one slightly offset using VersaMark.  I then used PanPastels for the background, starting in the top corner with the blues and ending up at the opposite corner with the greens.  As I worked to the end corner the VersaMark ink picked up the colour of the PanPastels, this made the grey flourish a shadow effect.  I then matted onto some gold mirri and attached to a cream card blank.  I used a Quickie Glue pen on the grey flourish and added some glitter, this changed the effect of the coloured flourish and seemed to make that one the shadow.  While using the Quickie Glue pen I dropped it onto the card and it landed point side down leaving a mark in between the 'I' and the 'R' in birthday, so I had to add glitter to the outside edge of the letters, tut lol, if it had landed on the letter it would have just wiped off but just my luck.  I used some handmade paper for the flowers, it has a slight pearlescent finish on it but you can't tell from the picture.  I used some Marianne Design dies, they are actually for using with thread, you can see the holes in the petals of the largest one, I liked the effect.  I used gold gem brads for the centres and added a little of the glitter but again you can't tell with this picture.  To finish I used some green wire and wrapped it around my pokey tool to make the swirls and attached them and the flowers with silicone glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment