Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Project Club Flowers

I made this card using the June 2014 project club set from Nina Crafts, details about the project club and the stamp sets available will be on the website soon.  I had been having a look on the Internet for something and saw a card made by Colette from the Meiflower Design Team, I thought it was lovely and wanted to do one myself, so thank you for the inspiration.  So for my card I used some purple foil card for the matts both inside and out of the card.  I stamped the trellis using Memento - Tuxedo Black onto four pieces of white card and coloured in using my ProMarkers.  I had smudged a little with the ink right at the bottom of one of the trellis panels so added some yellow ribbon to cover it up, making both front panels the same.  The front sentiment section was stamped onto a Spellbinders - Curved Rectangles shape, again on both the inside and the front, I stamped the corners first then added the happy birthday, on the inside I just stamped one corner and coloured in with just the lighter shades of the ProMarkers before matting onto some of the purple foil card.  I attached the inside middle section first so I could line up the front sentiment section a little easier, I used an envelope to make sure I ended up with the required width.  I then added some very tiny solid silver coloured Bling gems on the yellow flowers and on the purple ones added the same gem but it was a little bigger.  To finish I used a flat back flower and two leaves, attaching them using silicone glue.  It was a bit phaffy lining up the middle sections, trying to keep the two ends straight etc, but I think it turned out quite well, I will have another go with different colours and see if it grows on me.
inside


No comments:

Post a Comment