Monday, 14 April 2014

Easter Card

The box of eggs are all packed up ready to be posted today, so all I need to do yesterday was make the card.  Easier said than done this time, tut, I couldn't for the life in me find any appropriate brown card for the rabbit, I'd already cut out the eggs on my cutting machine.  The image is from treasureboxdesigns.com, this is a really wonderful site with lots of cutting machine files, well worth a visit.  The file I used is called Vertical Title Border (Eggs) I've had this file for a little while now and having just checked on the website it is currently in the 'Retiring Soon' section.  So what I decided to do was to decoupage it instead, I printed the image twice and the head once more.  I cut out the main image and attached to a DL card blank using some double sided tape,  the next layer was the head, arm and brush, hand, eggs text and the grass.  The last layer was the face, I was going to do another layer with the nose and cheeks but I was running out of time so left that one.  I used some 2mm foam pads to attach the layers and to finish off I used three of the eggs I'd cut out for the inside of the card.  I know it was a bit of a cheat printing this out but I just needed this card for this year, I am now looking for some brown card.

No comments:

Post a Comment