Wednesday, 9 April 2014

21st Birthday Card

I can't believe this young man is 21, where has the time gone.  I've known him since he was little at primary school where I used to work and all of a sudden he's 21.  Happy Birthday for yesterday Billy and thank you from all four of us for the invite to your party we really enjoyed it

I used left over textured card pieces to make this card and some plain black card for the shadows.  Because I'd cut everything out on my cutting machine it really didn't take very long to make.  I inked the edges of the check paper for the background before attaching to the card blank.  I used the same check paper for the insert making it into a pocket so I could add an iTunes card as a prezzy, adding some white card for the text.  Once I'd cut out the wording you can see in the picture I used some PVA glue to matt them onto the black, gluing the 'st' onto the number one.  I then used a black fine liner pen to add all the lines making it look like all the letters were cut individually.  I attached the wording to the card using some foam pads and to finish off I added the flat back cupcake using some sticky dots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment