Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Sympathy Card

I'm going to a funeral tomorrow an old friend has passed away, so I needed a card for this very sad occasion. I wanted to keep the card as simple as possible so I had a look through my stamp stash and thinking what do I do for this kind of card, it's not very often I have to make them.  I came across this rose from the 'A Touch of … Summer' stamp set from as was Dimension Stamps (now Nina Crafts) so using some cream textured card I stamped the rose using some Memento - Rich Cocoa ink straight onto the card, no matting and layering or anything.  I used my heat gun to lightly heat set the ink before I used my Art & Graphic pens and a waterbrush to colour the rose giving a faded effect.  It needed something else so I used some sticky notes and cut out a mask of the rose, then covered it before adding the random rectangle shape again out of sticky notes.  I used some Distress Ink - Antique Linen to very lightly add the slightly coloured background.
RIP RM

No comments:

Post a Comment