Thursday, 20 March 2014

Project Club - March 2014 ~ Wish You Were Here ~

Stamps used are from Nina Crafts.

I wanted to do a beach scene for this card, so used my Big and Juicy ink pads.  I used an A5 piece of white card and using masking tape taped it onto my craft sheet.  I then used a piece of copy paper and masked off the bottom section of the card so I could ink the sky.  I have a piece of card I've had for a while and I only ever use it for the clouds it's getting bluer and bluer but I always use it.  So using the Waterfall ink pad and starting from the top did the sky.  Next the sea, I ripped the copy paper in half, making a wavy line, then covered the sky and the bottom of the card to ink the sea.  For the beach section I covered the sea and slightly off set the copy paper to give a little bit of white showing for the shore line and added copy paper over the grassy area.  I inked this sand section using my Spice ink pad.  Last section was the grass I covered the sand and inked the grass again with the Waterfall ink.  The seagulls, sand castle, bucket and the grass are stamps from the old Krystal Tips range from as was Dimension Stamps and the darker sand bits are actually the middle of a flower stamp that I thought would look effective as a shell like layer.  I coloured in using some ProMarkers before scanning the background ready for printing out.  I matted the background onto some black card and attached it to the card front.  The wooden fence was made using my Spellbinder M-Bossabilities folder - Bricks and Bark and some brown card, this card has a white back so once embossed the grain of the wood cracked and the white background showed through, I quite liked this for the distress look of the wood.  I then stamped the camera onto some white card using the VersaFine and heat embossed with the detail clear powder and coloured in with ProMarkers.  I then re-sized my scanned background to fit the camera opening and while on my computer made the sentiment.  Once I'd added the printed background to the camera I used some foam tape to attach it to the card, adding the sentiment to finish with double sided tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment