Thursday, 1 August 2013

Good Luck

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps

 For this card I have used the following stamps:
'Occasions' ref: NC022
'Sail Boat' ref: 1701001a
'Postcard' ref: 1808009a
'World Map' I couldn't find this on the website but if you need one lol just give Faye a ring and she will know which one you mean.
I stamped using VersaFine Vintage Sepia and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  To give an aged look I used the Distress Ink s - Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo.  I used the Spellbinders - Curved Rectangles for the main shapes, so onto the largest one I stamped the map then used a sticky note masked it off before stamping the postcard for the background.  Onto the smallest rectangle I stamped the sail boat, then stamped the sentiment from the 'Occasions' stamp set.  I used the Antique Linen on all the stamped pieces then used the Frayed Burlap just on the edges, it still needed a little more so I used the Vintage Photo on the very edge, blending it well to match the brown card.  I also made sure that I used a bit of kitchen roll to gently rub off any stray bits of ink on all of the stamped images.  I used my Faux Screw Brads from Creative Expression on some of the corners once the stamped card had been matted.  The main piece was attached to the cream base card with foam tape, the boat and the sentiment has half foam tape and half double sided tape, to make sure they were all on the same level once fixed to the card front.  The map didn't look right it needed something, so I stamped it out again and cut it out once inked then using foam tape to fix it on top of the other flat one.

No comments:

Post a Comment