Monday, 29 July 2013

Cupcake Delight

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps

 I used the 'Cupcake Delight' stamp set for this card and the reference number is NC017.  The cupcake was stamp using VersaFine - Onyx Black and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder, I coloured in using my Pro/Flex Markers.  The frosting top was first stamped onto acetate using StazOn - Jet Black, then sticking the acetate onto a piece of double sided adhesive sheet before cutting out.  I then added some glitter, it looked a little too pale so I added some ProMarkers to give a little more colour (you can use your ProMarkers but be careful not to move the glitter around, I just dabbed the ProMarker on).  Then stuck the frosted top onto the cupcake base with some Glossy Accents.  I used a Kanban card for background and added some Distress Inks for the edges.  I used the Spiced Marmalade first which was very in your face so I toned it down with some Shabby Shutters, I still thought it need a little bit more so I added a little of the Brushed Corduroy.  I like the way it looks against the white base card, made it stand out even more.  I found an A6 piece of green foil card with a mat finish. There wasn't enough to do the whole card so I cut it up and used part of a Spellbinder - Blossom Three die and a circle die for the inner section that has been inked with the Shabby Shutter before removing the card from the die.  I used the Spellbinders - A2 Matting Basics dies to do the same with the Ingredients stamped section in the corner.  To finish I used some grosgrain saddle stitch ribbon for the bow and some green gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment