Monday, 13 May 2013

Project Club - May 2013 ≈ New Home ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

Everywhere I look at the moment I see bees, and bee hives, I saw a programme about the lack of bees at this time of year and the presenter mentioned hives where not producing nearly as much honey, he called the hive 'a little home' for the bee, so this card popped into my head.  For the matting I used some textured green card, the yellow background paper is from my stash and I've had it for years, I just stamped the little bee randomly over it using Memento - Espresso Truffle.  For the topper I first stamped the New Home text using the 'ABC 123' stamp set ref: NC021 again using the Espresso Truffle  giving a slight shadow with third generation ink (stamp the letter, stamp onto scrap, stamp back onto the letter but slightly off set all without re-inking the stamp, the second generation ink was still a little too dark).  I then stamped the hive, masked it off then added the bee trails, then the little bees(I actually cut off the bee from this stamp so I could keep the bee right side up).  Coloured in using my favourite Pro/Flex Markers.  I used an EK Success scroll border punch before matting onto the green.  The stopper on the base of the card was made by embossing a mini Darice embossing folder onto some Shimmer Sheetz - Yellow Iris (check out Elizabeth Craft Designs if you have never heard of it, love it lol) then distressed the embossed image and edges with a sanding block before using a ProMarker over the embossed area.  To finish I used some Papermania Dew Drops.
All stamps are from Dimension Stamps.  If you would like to join our project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on your purchases, visit our website for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment