Friday, 17 May 2013

Project Club - May 2013 ≈ Main Card ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

The theme for this months project club from Dimension Stamps is Bees.  I really enjoyed making these cards again this month, the stamp sets are really lovely to work with.  If you would like to have a look at the range of project club stamps or would even like to join the club visit the Dimension Stamps website for more details.

This is this months finished card.
I stamped onto the edge of an A4 piece of scrap paper before I stamped onto the base card, so I could select the finished area I wanted.
Open up the cream base card and lay flat on your work surface and stamp the selection you have chosen from the scrap paper.  Colour the flowers using your watercolour pencils, then use a waterbrush to blend using a paper towel to dab the water as you go so as not to over wet the card.  Cut the edge of the card leaving about a 2mm border.
Cut the cream piece of card from the kit so it measures 7cm x 19cm.  I used the other edge of my scrap paper and drew the 7cm x 19cm panel, then stamped out the images, so I could try before I committed onto my cream card.  I started stamping from the bottom up , so started with the: Sweet as Honey - Honey Pot - Hope you have a BEEutiful Birthday - Hive - Bee Happy - then finished off with the largest Bee.
Once happy that everything will fit stamp onto the cream panel.
Using your watercolour pencils colour the panel, when using the waterbrush again use the paper towel to dab any excess water.
 
Cut the brown card so it measures 7.5cm wide, set aside the strip of brown card to be used later.  Cut across the top of the brown card so it measures 19.5cm x 7.5cm.  Attach the cream panel using double sided tape, fix a gem to each of the corners.
Use foam tape or pads to attach the panel to the card front.  The brown card that was set aside will now need attaching to the inside right-hand edge of the card using double side tape.
Happy crafting, Jackie J

No comments:

Post a Comment