Saturday, 11 May 2013

Project Club - May 2013 ≈ Queen Bee ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I used some hexagon pale lemon paper for the background on this card, adding some of the flower stamps with second generation ink which was Memento - Morocco.  Then used the little bee that I cut off leaving the trail as a separate stamp, this allows me to place the bee wherever I like, I used Memento - Rich Cocoa ink for these little bees.  I used my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper on the outside corners and matted onto some gold foil card.  I used the same lemon paper with some larger hexagons for the inside of the card again adding the flower stamp and the bees, rounding the corners before attaching to the card.  The oval on both the front and inside of the card is from a Spellbinders - Floral Ovals die and I just followed the edges to cut out the brown pearlescent card that was the same colour as the little bees.  The crown is the 'Crown Jubilee' stamp ref: 1807004a which I stamped using VersaMark and heat embossed using the WOW - Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder, the bee was stamped using VersaMark and then heat embossed with WOW - Metallic Copper embossing powder, both the crown and the bee have been coloured in with ProMarkers.  The text on the outside and on the inside has been stamped using the 'ABC 123' stamp set ref: NC021 and Morocco ink and I put a little highlight on the text using a lemon ProMarker.  The happy birthday text is a lovely font and is from the 'Birthday Galore' stamp set ref: NC025 using the Rich Cocoa ink.
Sorry about the photos of this card, I wanted you to be able to see the copper on the bee, it really does stand out, but then if you use the WOW powders to will know that, I'm really hooked on these powders at the moment lol.
All stamps are from DimensionStamps.  If you would like to join our project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on your purchases, then visit our website for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment