Monday, 1 April 2013

Birthday card for Carol

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I've known my friend Carol for just over 40 years and she is having a really bad time at the moment and although she didn't want her birthday this year I still needed to make her a birthday card, thinking of you Carol xxx.

The background mini gingham card is from my stash, after cutting to size I inked around the edge with Memento - Bamboo Leaves.  The flower in the middle is a Cheery Lynn Design die cut out in white and after embossing the die I inked the flower part with Memento - Cantaloupe and the leaves with the Bamboo Leaves.  The sentiment is from a stamp set called 'Word Perfect' from dimensionstamps.com reference number 1803160a and the shape it's on is the Spellbinders - Decorative Labels Twenty-Two as is the larger green shape.  The white background on the shape has been made by drawing around the die and cutting it out.  For the border I cut two pieces of white card and coloured the smallest one with the Cantaloupe ink before adding some green ribbon from ribbonbox.co.uk.  I used double sided tape to fix the background and the border to the scalloped card front and used some foam tape to attach the topper.  I added a bow using the same ribbon as the border and to finish I added some gems from MeiFlower.co.uk.


No comments:

Post a Comment