Saturday, 2 March 2013

Racing car

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

This card was made using the 'Vroom Vroom' set ref: NC015.  I first made a mask of the car using a sticky note then cut out before I stamped the car onto some white card using VersaFine - Onyx Black, I then masked off the car and stamped the second one and again for the third.  I added some detail clear embossing powder and heat embossed, then coloured the top two card in using ProMarkers and coloured just the outline of the main car.  Onto another piece of white card I stamped and heat embossed the car again and cut out just the body and not the wheels, coloured the car, then added some Spray and Shine from Crafter's Companion.  I made two strips using the happy birthday stamp from the set and I also used the 'No 1 Son' from the 'Football Fanatic' stamp set ref: NC008.  On either end of the strips I stamped the tyre track, first masking off the wording.  Once coloured in I matted each strip onto some red fold card.  The white card with the cars on was inked around the edges with Memento - Lady bug ink and matted onto the red foil card, BUT I didn't have enough of the foil card so I cut a diagonal line across the card and matted the top and bottom section separately.  Because I inked around the edge of the white card you can't really see the lack of red foil card, lol (you would have never have know if I hadn't have told you J).  Once attached to the white base card I used silicone glue to add the cut out car.  The number one in the middle of the car is from the 'Alphabet 7' stamp set ref: 1801009a.
All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps 


No comments:

Post a Comment