Thursday, 21 March 2013

Project Club - March 2013 ≈ Smile ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

The background paper for this card is from the Papermania Capsule Collection - Verde Paper Pack, this collection of papers are lovely although you can't see that much of it on the card, I used Memento - Grape Jelly ink to add the slight inky border.  I have loads of stamping card that I had already cut out and I'm trying to use up and the one for this card had all four corners punched using I think was a Woodware corner punch.  I started my images off in the top right-hand corner by first stamping the bunting then the teapot and cup, cutting the card down to size at this point, so I lost three of the corners.  Lastly I stamped three of the four images on the yummy border, masking off one of them.  I used the happy birthday stamp on the teapot curving it to follow the line, I really like bending my text stamps to fit in lots of different places, I first stamp onto a bit of scrap, then adjust the text to fit before I commit to my main image.  Again I coloured in using my Pro/Flex Markers, I really do like these lol.  I then matted onto some purple mirri card.  The Smile text is from an embossing folder from Darice and has been embossed onto some green core'dinations cardstock, I then sanded the text and lightly around the edges of the card before matting onto the purple mirri card.  I attached the teapot image using double sided tape and the smile was attached half with double sided tape and half with 2mm foam tape.
All stamps are from Dimension Stamps.  If you would like to join our project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on your purchases, then visit our website for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment